We are the only strategy, design, and full-service advertising firm in the US that exclusively serves the cultural sector. We are strategic partners for the world’s leading arts organizations, architecture firms, and foundations, addressing needs for them that no other single resource can. We are a team of designers, strategists, and media experts who are passionate about culture and dedicated to creating high-impact and cutting-edge solutions for our clients. If that sounds like you, join us.
We are always looking for great people. Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Strategist will be an integral member of our Strategy team, which requires enthusiastic teamwork, adventurous thinking, and powerful writing, research, and presentation skills. We are dedicated to expansive, multidisciplinary, collaborative solutions, so we welcome applicants from all disciplines and backgrounds who could make a powerful contribution to our work.
• Lead and support a selection of the Strategy Department’s client projects, which can include any of the following scopes of work: opportunity and impact assessments, strategic planning; messaging and naming strategies, mission and vision statement development; leadership workshops; audience development strategies; stakeholder interviews; marketing planning; comparative/competitive analyses; etc.
• Participate in the development of the 2017 iteration of Culture Track (the largest national tracking study of the behaviors of U.S. cultural consumers); and present the findings at programs and conferences.
• Coordinate new business proposals and pitches, and proactively seek inspiring opportunities for new projects and partnerships.
• Develop firm-wide thought leadership initiatives, which can include strategies for presenting and disseminating our work in creative ways; spearheading interdisciplinary workshops and dialogues; identifying strategic partnerships; researching tactics for reaching changing audiences; and identifying new ways of activating our work in order to ensure impact.
• Inspired, creative, rigorous, outside-the-box thinking.
• Exceptional leadership, presentation, writing, research, and communications skills.
• Dedication to and passion for the cultural and creative world, whether that be visual arts, public space, design, performing arts, architecture, etc.
• B.A. required, and graduate degree preferred.
• 4-10 years of full-time professional experience.
• Experience in brand strategy, strategic planning, management consulting, marketing strategy, and/or non-profit management are pluses.
• Knowledge of KeyNote and Adobe InDesign is a plus.
• Email cover letter, resume, current salary, and salary requirements to email@example.com and indicate “Strategist” in the subject line.
• Start date in February 2017.
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & ADVERTISING
The Director of Marketing & Advertising will be an integral member of the firm’s leadership team; will oversee all advertising, marketing, and media-related projects; and will lead a small team of media planners and digital analysts. The Director of Marketing & Advertising will work hand-in-hand with the Creative, Account, and Strategy teams as well, so candidates are expected to have a sensitivity to and understanding of how all of these perspectives can work together to create the best solutions for our clients, and how marketing strategy can inform the work of the whole firm.
We are looking for an innovative and strategic thinker with exceptional leadership, communication, business development, and team- and capability-building skills, who can bring rigorous marketing and business savvy to the cultural world to help respond to the ever-changing landscape of audience behaviors and media consumption.
We love what we do and thrive on the opportunities to work with our clients. We are looking for someone who will share and further fuel this enthusiasm.
• Innovative, proactive, rigorous, outside-the-box thinking.
• B.A. required., graduate degree preferred.
• 8+ years of experience in integrated marketing strategy, including print, outdoor, digital, and broadcast advertising; digital, social media and broadcast campaign analytics and sales trends; SEM/SEO; and social media campaign (re)targeting.
• Demonstrated success in new business development and team/capability building.
• Exceptional leadership, presentation, writing, and client communications skills.
• Experience synthesizing and interpreting market and audience research and sales and Google analytics to provide nuanced target audience profiles and actionable insights for clients.
• Passion for the cultural and creative world (experience working for the cultural/non-profit sector is a major plus).
• Ability to flex from big picture thinking – such as understanding the client’s goals, key performance metrics, and audience insights – to meticulous attention to detail – such as managing simultaneous tasks, budgets, and deadlines.
• Proficiency in KeyNote, Adobe InDesign, Excel is preferred
• December 2016 start date.
• Email cover letter, resume, and current salary / salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Director of Marketing & Advertising” in the subject line.
MOTION DESIGNER / ANIMATOR
At LaPlaca Cohen, we are a team of culture enthusiasts, each with our own unique passion for the arts, science, strategy, design and technology. Every project is different, but we are always integrated. Our design team creates a range of creative content for our clients and ourselves, from online and printed ads to motion graphics, video and beyond. Self-starters with a point of view should apply!
• Inspired, strategic, innovative thinking
• Motion graphic design and video
• Storyboarding and style frames
• Integrated digital, print and outdoor design
• Advertising campaign development and execution
• Branding and visual identity systems
• Internal and client presentations
• Content development for social and marketing purposes
B.A. required, with 1- 5 years of working experience / Enthusiasm to create and experiment / Strong concepting, problem-solving and communication skills / Understanding of branding principles and visual communications / Proven ability to manage and prioritize work, resources, schedules, deadlines / Expertise in After Effects, Animate, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop are required / Knowledge of Premier, Cinema 4D, and HTML5 are a plus / We are dedicated to expansive, multidisciplinary, collaborative solutions, so we welcome applicants from all disciplines and backgrounds who could make a powerful contribution to our work.
Email résumé and portfolio link to email@example.com with “Motion Designer” as the subject, followed by a brief introduction about yourself.
LaPlaca Cohen has a robust, highly-competitive internship program. Our interns often come from top-tier graduate schools or with several years of relevant professional experience.
Applications for the Spring 2016 internships are now open. Apply with your resume and an explanation of your interest (cover letter or email) at firstname.lastname@example.org