We are the only strategy, design, and full-service advertising firm in the US that exclusively serves the cultural sector. We are strategic partners for the world’s leading arts organizations, architecture firms, and foundations, addressing needs for them that no other single resource can. We are a team of designers, strategists, and media experts who are passionate about culture and dedicated to creating high-impact and cutting-edge solutions for our clients. If that sounds like you, join us.
We are always looking for great people. Reach out at email@example.com
We are looking for a communications designer with an understanding of branding and campaigns to add to our team of culture enthusiasts. Must be idea-driven, hands-on, and have a passion for the arts, science, design, technology and social impact. We create a range of content for our clients and ourselves, from online and printed ads to motion graphics and video. Self-starters with a point of view should apply!
• Campaign development and execution
• Branding and visual identity
• Integrated digital, print and outdoor advertising
• Storyboarding and style frames
• Motion graphics and video
• Internal and client presentation
• BA with 1- 5 years of working experience
• Inspired, strategic, innovative thinking
• Strong concepting, problem-solving and communication skills
• Proven ability to manage and prioritize work, resources, schedules, deadlines
• Expertise in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop, After Effects, and Animate
• Knowledge of Premier, Cinema 4D, HTML5 and WordPress are a plus
• We are dedicated to expansive, multidisciplinary, collaborative solutions, so we welcome applicants from all disciplines and backgrounds who could make a powerful contribution to our work.
• Email résumé and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Designer” with “Designer” as the subject, followed by a brief introduction about yourself.
The Director of Marketing will be an integral member of the firm’s leadership team; will oversee all advertising, marketing, and media-related projects; and will lead a small team of account managers, media planners, and digital analysts. The Director of Marketing will work hand-in-hand with the design and strategy teams as well, so candidates are expected to have a sensitivity to and understanding of how all of these perspectives can work together to create the best solutions for our clients, and how marketing strategy can inform the work of the whole firm.
We are looking for an innovative and strategic thinker with exceptional leadership, communication, business development, and team- and capability-building skills, who can bring rigorous marketing and business savvy to the cultural world to help respond to the ever-changing landscape of audience behaviors and media consumption.
We love what we do and thrive on the opportunities to work with our clients. We are looking for someone who will share and further fuel this enthusiasm.
· Innovative, proactive, rigorous, outside-the-box thinking.
· B.A. required., graduate degree preferred.
· 8+ years of experience in cross-channel marketing and content strategy; new business development; business growth based on market needs and opportunities; and team/capability building.
· Experience overseeing print, outdoor, digital, and broadcast advertising and media planning/buying; digital, social media and broadcast campaign analytics and sales trends; audience profiling and targeting based on analytics; SEM/SEO; and social media campaign (re)targeting is preferred.
· Exceptional leadership, communication, presentation, writing, and client communications skills.
· Passion for the cultural and creative world (experience working in the cultural/non-profit sector is a major plus).
· Ability to flex from big picture thinking – such as understanding the client’s goals, key performance metrics, and audience insights – to meticulous attention to detail – such as managing simultaneous tasks, budgets, and deadlines.
· Proficiency in KeyNote, Adobe InDesign, Excel is preferred
· August 2017 start date.
· Email cover letter, resume, and current salary / salary requirements to Jobs@LaPlacaCohen.com and indicate “Director of Marketing” in the subject line.
The Strategist will be an integral member of our Strategy team, which requires enthusiastic teamwork, adventurous thinking, and powerful writing, research, and presentation skills. We are dedicated to expansive, multidisciplinary, collaborative solutions, so we welcome applicants from all disciplines and backgrounds who could make a powerful contribution to our work.
• Lead and support a selection of the Strategy Department’s client projects, which can include any of the following scopes of work: opportunity and impact assessments, strategic planning; messaging and naming strategies, mission and vision statement development; leadership workshops; audience development strategies; stakeholder interviews; marketing planning; comparative/competitive analyses; etc.
• Participate in the development of the 2017 iteration of Culture Track (the largest national tracking study of the behaviors of U.S. cultural consumers); and present the findings at programs and conferences.
• Coordinate new business proposals and pitches, and proactively seek inspiring opportunities for new projects and partnerships.
• Develop firm-wide thought leadership initiatives, which can include strategies for presenting and disseminating our work in creative ways; spearheading interdisciplinary workshops and dialogues; identifying strategic partnerships; researching tactics for reaching changing audiences; and identifying new ways of activating our work in order to ensure impact.
• Inspired, creative, rigorous, outside-the-box thinking.
• Exceptional leadership, presentation, writing, research, and communications skills.
• Dedication to and passion for the cultural and creative world, whether that be visual arts, public space, design, performing arts, architecture, etc.
• B.A. required, and graduate degree preferred.
• 5-10 years of full-time professional experience.
• Experience in brand strategy, strategic planning, management consulting, marketing strategy, and/or non-profit management are pluses.
• Knowledge of KeyNote and Adobe InDesign is a plus.
• Email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com and indicate “Strategist” in the subject line.
LaPlaca Cohen has a robust, highly-competitive internship program. Our interns often come from top-tier graduate schools or with several years of relevant professional experience.
Applications for the Fall 2017 internships are now open. Apply with your resume and an explanation of your interest (cover letter or email) at firstname.lastname@example.org