We believe in cultivating meaningful innovation and impact, and harnessing the integrity and empathy required to do so. Together, we can achieve more, dream bigger, and see new possibilities.
We are always looking for great people. Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director of Marketing & Business Development will be an integral member of LaPlaca Cohen’s leadership team and will spearhead the continued growth of the agency client-base while driving evolution of our advertising and media services. We are looking for an innovative and strategic thinker with exceptional leadership, communication, business development, and team- and capability-building skills, who can bring rigorous marketing and business savvy to the cultural world to help respond to the ever-changing landscape of audience behaviors and media consumption. We love what we do and thrive on the opportunities to work with our clients. We are looking for someone who will share and further fuel this enthusiasm.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this role has two central functions: 1) crafting and executing business development strategy across the agency, geared mostly toward developing new business opportunities for advertising, digital media strategy, and media planning/buying, and 2) leading the advertising and media team in the effective delivery of client services. In order to fully realize agency business development goals, this individual will work cross-departmentally to ensure that all business development and sales initiatives are unified under a clear and centralized set of objectives and strategies, which staff at many levels can then collaborate to carry out. In the delivery of advertising and media services, this role will lead a small team of account managers, media planners, and digital analysts, and will ensure that they are consistently developed and working with maximum support, efficiency, and return. Lastly, this role will work hand-in-hand with the design and strategy teams, so candidates are expected to have a sensitivity to and understanding of how all of these perspectives can work together to create the best solutions for our clients.
BUSINESS & PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
• Collaborate with the LaPlaca Cohen leadership team to articulate and prioritize key business development and growth opportunities for the agency – especially in the area of advertising, digital media strategy, and media planning/buying – including robust projections to establish revenue and expense targets.
• Continually assess the market value of LC’s services, and set / lead innovation workstreams to keep the organization cutting edge.
• Proactively seek inspiring opportunities for new projects and partnerships related to our services, with special focus on our advertising, marketing, and media services.
• Lead the evolution of LaPlaca Cohen’s marketing and brand strategies (proposals, pitch presentations, case studies, website, social media platforms, etc.)
• Lead advertising, marketing, and media-related new business proposals and pitches, and support proposals and pitches for peer departments.
• Develop and monetize forward-thinking products and services that deliver on new client needs in marketing and media.
• Help the Account and Media teams up-sell and cross-sell for organic growth.
• Track marketing, advertising, and media best practices; and research cultural audience behaviors and trends to foster thought-leadership and inform our work.
• Explore how to use Culture Track audience insights and data to advance our thought leadership and audience profiling and targeting in our advertising, marketing, and media services.
• Lead strategic visioning, innovation and capability building for advertising, media, and marketing services.
• Mentor small team of account managers, media planners, and digital analysts.
• Manage future growth of the account and media teams and oversee recruiting for these roles.
• Develop and nurture client relationships, and support the Account team in client project planning, identifying new opportunities, and weighing in on key decisions.
• Forge new working relationships and synergies across the organization to develop and evolve products and processes.
• Develop a constellation of consultants and partners to fill in LC capability / service gaps.
• Innovative, proactive, rigorous, outside-the-box thinking.
• B.A. required., graduate degree preferred.
• 8+ years of experience in a leadership position, with preferred experience overseeing crosschannel advertising, marketing, and media strategies; business development; business growth based on market needs and opportunities; team/capability building
• High level of familiarity and experience with modern marketing tactics including: digital, social media, and broadcast campaigns, including analytics and sales trend analysis; audience profiling and targeting based on analytics; SEM/SEO.
• Exceptional leadership, communication, presentation, writing, and client communications skills.
• Passion for the cultural and creative world.
• Proficiency in KeyNote, Adobe InDesign, Excel is preferred
• Start date: as soon as possible
• Benefits package includes paid time off, Summer Fridays, medical, dental, Transitchek, and 401k
• Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by June 30th to email@example.com (note: .co) with “LaPlaca Cohen” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
The Associate Strategist will be an integral member of a small Strategy team, a role that requires enthusiastic teamwork, adventurous thinking, and powerful writing, research, and presentation skills. We are dedicated to expansive, multidisciplinary, collaborative solutions, so we welcome applicants from all disciplines, backgrounds, and experience levels who could make a powerful contribution to our work.
•Support a selection of the Strategy Department’s client projects, which can include any of the following scopes of work: positioning and innovation strategies; mission, vision, and nomenclature development; leadership and staff workshops; stakeholder interviews, competitive analyses, etc.
•Assist with firm-wide thought leadership initiatives, which can include strategies for presenting and disseminating our work in creative ways, interdisciplinary workshops and dialogues, identifying strategic partnerships, researching tactics for reaching changing audiences, and identifying new ways of activating our work in order to ensure impact.
•Participate in our continued work on Culture Track, the largest national tracking study of the behaviors and trends of U.S. cultural consumers, and identify opportunities for the development of the study, and for follow up studies and conferences.
• Help with new business development, including research, proposal creation, and pitch development.
•Inspired, creative, rigorous, outside-the-box thinking.
•Exceptional leadership, presentation, writing, research, and communications skills.
•Dedication to and passion for the cultural and creative world, whether that be visual arts, public space, design, performing arts, and/or architecture.
•Experience synthesizing and visualizing information and insights into powerful presentations.
•B.A. required, and graduate degree welcomed.
•1-5 years of full-time professional experience.
•Multidisciplinary background (preference for those who have deep knowledge of a selection of the following fields: entrepreneurial business, brand strategy, visual arts, public space, performing arts, architecture and design, graphic design, design strategy, consulting, website and social media strategy, marketing, advertising, digital strategy, market research).
•Knowledge of Keynote and Adobe InDesign is a plus.
•Compensation is commensurate with experience.
•June 2018 start date.
• Email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Associate Strategist” in the subject line.
LaPlaca Cohen has a robust, highly-competitive internship program. Our interns often come from top-tier graduate schools or with several years of relevant professional experience.
Applications for Summer 2018 internships are now open. Apply with your resume and an explanation of your interest (cover letter or email) at email@example.com