We believe in cultivating meaningful innovation and impact, and harnessing the integrity and empathy required to do so. Together, we can achieve more, dream bigger, and see new possibilities.
We are always looking for great people. Reach out at email@example.com
The Director of Marketing & Advertising will will be an integral member of the firm’s leadership team, and will spearhead the evolution of our advertising and media services and new business development for those project types. They will lead a small team of account managers, media planners, and digital analysts, and will work hand-in-hand with the design and strategy teams as well, so candidates are expected to have a sensitivity to and understanding of how all of these perspectives can work together to create the best solutions for our clients, and how advertising and marketing strategy can inform the work of the whole firm.
We are looking for an innovative and strategic thinker with exceptional leadership, communication, business development, and team- and capability-building skills, who can bring rigorous marketing and business savvy to the cultural world to help respond to the ever-changing landscape of audience behaviors and media consumption.
We love what we do and thrive on the opportunities to work with our clients. We are looking for someone who will share and further fuel this enthusiasm.
NEW BUSINESS / PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
• Proactively seek inspiring opportunities for new projects and partnerships related to advertising, marketing, and media services.
• Lead advertising, marketing, and media-related new business proposals and pitches.
• Help the Account and Media teams up-sell and cross-sell for organic growth.
• Continually assess the market value of LC’s services, and set / lead innovation workstreams to keep the organization cutting edge.
• Develop and monetize forward-thinking products and services that deliver on new client needs in marketing and media.
• Partner with other Directors on developing creative briefs, articulating the creative strategy, and overseeing creative concepting and execution.
• Track marketing, advertising, and media best practices; and research cultural audience behaviors and trends to foster thought-leadership and inform our work.
• Lead the evolution of LaPlaca Cohen’s marketing and brand strategies (proposals, pitch presentations, case studies, website, social media platforms, etc.)
• Oversee a new CRM strategy.
• Lead strategic visioning, innovation and capability building for advertising, media, and marketing services.
• Mentor small team of account managers, media planners, and digital analysts.
• Manage future growth of the account and media teams, and oversee recruiting for these roles.
• Develop and nurture client relationships, and support the Account team in client in project planning, identifying new opportunities, troubleshooting problems as they arise, weighing in on key decisions, and ensuring that client expectations are set and met.
• Forge new working relationships and synergies across the organization, and develop and evolve products and processes.
• Develop a constellation of consultants to fill in LC capability / service gaps.
• Innovative, proactive, rigorous, outside-the-box thinking.
• B.A. required., graduate degree preferred.
• 8+ years of experience in a leadership position, with preferred experience overseeing cross-channel advertising, marketing, and media strategies; business development; business growth based on market needs and opportunities; team/capabilty building; digital, social media and broadcast campaign analytics and sales trends; audience profiling and targeting based on analytics; SEM/SEO.
• Exceptional leadership, communication, presentation, writing, and client communications skills.
• Passion for the cultural and creative world.
• Proficiency in KeyNote, Adobe InDesign, Excel is preferred
• March 2018 start date.
• Email cover letter, resume, and current salary / salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Director of Marketing & Advertising” in the subject line.
LaPlaca Cohen has a robust, highly-competitive internship program. Our interns often come from top-tier graduate schools or with several years of relevant professional experience.
Applications for Summer 2018 internships are now open. Apply with your resume and an explanation of your interest (cover letter or email) at email@example.com